Support Articles » Getting Started #5 - Creating Website Buttons
How to Create Buttons for Your Website
There are several ways to link your store to your website, blog or social media page. Available button types are based on the store theme you have chosen to use. Also feel free to create your own custom buttons in the form of images or direct links (yourstore.contentshelf.com)
To learn about individual Store Themes please visit the "Store Management" area located on the main Support Articles page.
To learn about creating custom buttons please visit "The Button Wizard" area located on the main Support Articles page.
Step 1 of 3 - Choosing a Button
To create your Store click on Sell (1) then click on the Button Wizard (2) tab. You'll then need to choose the Store (3) that the button(s) you are creating will be representing.
When choosing the Button (4) the following choices are available based on the Store Theme you have chosen.
For the Super Simple, Basic List and Basic Grid Themes the following buttons are available:
- Simple Add to Cart Button - Our standard Add To Cart Button with text 6 color choices.
- Simple Login Button - Our standard Login Button with text and 6 color choices.
- Buy Now Image - Traditional graphics that represents credit cards and PayPal.
For the Basic Store Widget Theme the following buttons are available:
- [Direct] Add To Cart Button - Upon click buyers will be directly routed to the checkout page.
- [Direct] Login Button - Upon click buyers will be directly routed to the login page.
- [Direct] Buy Now Image - Upon click buyers will be directly routed to the checkout page.
- [Widget] Add to Cart Button - Upon click buyers will see the widget appear and allow checkout or continue shopping.
- [Widget] View Cart Button - Upon click buyers will see the widget appear and allow checkout or continue shopping.
- [Widget] Sample Button - Upon click buyers will be presented with the ability to access sample content.
Upon making your button choice you'll then need to choose the product (not seen on this screen shot)
Once you have chosen your product click Continue (5).
Step 2 of 3 - Style Button
Now it's time choose the text and color of your button. The Button Text (6) field has default text but it's editable to whatever you desire. As you type your new button text it will show appear in real time within the buttons below. There are six button colors t choose from. Choose your button color and click Continue (7).
Step 3 of 3 - Get Button Code
Copy the code to your website where you want the button to appear. To go back just click the Go Back (8) button.
To learn about adding your buttons to WordPress, Weebly and other platforms please visit "The Button Wizard" area located on the main Support Articles page.